Aadhaar card is a unique identification number allotted to every Indian citizen. Any resident of India, above the age of 1 year can apply for Aadhaar card. In case of children, the identity and address proof of their parents can be submitted for Aadhaar card. However, in case of children under 5 year old do not need to give their biometric information. This is because a child’s fingerprints changes until the age of 5 years. Thus, biometric information of children is taken when they are 5 years old and again after they turn 15 years.
Why is Aadhaar Card for Children Important?
Aadhaar card serves as proof of identity and proof of address for all. It is very important for children during the time of admission in school as well as later on in life.Sponsored Links
How to Apply for Aadhaar Card for Children?
It is very simple to apply for Aadhaar card for children. You need to follow the instructions below and apply for an Aadhaar card for your child.
- You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar card center near your house. You can learn more about the nearest center by clicking https://appointments.udai.gov.in/easearch.aspx.
- You can then visit the center and get a form free. If you want you can even download the form online by clicking the link https://uidai.gov.in/forms.html.
- Fill in the Aadhaar card application form that is just 1 single page. Make sure you fill the form correctly in black ink.
- After filling the form, you can take the appointment from the Aadhaar card center or even take an appointment online. You can click on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/.
- After taking the appointment, you need to visit the center on the allotted date and time.
- You need to take the original and Xerox of the child’s birth certificate along with any of the proof of address and proof of identity of either of the parents.
- The photograph of the child will be clicked right at the enrolment center.
- After completion of all formalities, you will be given a receipt. The Aadhaar card for the child will be delivered at your home within 2 months.
Aadhaar card of parents of children 5 years will be linked with the child’s Aadhaar card.