In order to enjoy the scenic beauty of the foreign landscapes, the best way of transportation is driving a car yourself. There are plenty of car rental services available in foreign countries, that will allow you to drive on your Indian driver’s license. It is always a good idea to carry an International Driver’s License along with your original driver’s license. Some of the countries where an Indian driving license is valid are mentioned in the following paragraphs.
Countries That Allow Indian Driver’s License:
Switch on your GPS and enjoy driving on international roads. The countries where your Indian driver’s license is valid include:
- United States of America – You need a valid license in English language. You can drive in the country using an 1-94 form along with an international driving permit (IDP) for about a year.
- France – You need a translated copy of your license in French and can drive for up to a year.
- Great Britain – You can drive for up to a year, but need to rent the right class of vehicle permitted to your license.
- Germany – You can drive on an Indian driver’s license for up to 6 months in Germany. You need to have a translated copy of your license in German from the embassy along with an international driver’s permit.
- Australia – You can ride the Australian roads on an Indian license that printed in English along with an IDP for as long as you are visiting the country.
- Switzerland – Visitors can drive in this country for up to a year on their Indian driver’s license.
- New Zealand – You can drive on your Indian driver’s license for a year, but only on the kind of vehicle your license is valid for.
- South Africa – You need an English license along with an IDP to drive around the country.
- UAE – You need a valid English driving license along with IDP.
- Mauritius – Along with an English driving license, you need an IDP to rent a car in Mauritius.
These are the countries where you can zoom around in your rented car using your Indian driver’s license along with an IDP. Make sure you apply for the countries driving license, if you are planning to stay for more than a year.