What is Form16?
Form 16 is an Income Tax filing form, Form 16 is issued to the employees by the employer. Form 16 acknowledges the deduction of the TDS from the salary of the employee by the employer. Form 16 is a basic proof that the employee of a firm or company is paying income tax through the employer.
How Can I Get Form 16?
If you are wondering how to get a Form 16 online then you are in the right place, you can download Form 16 by visiting the Income Tax Department official website or you can get the Form16 from any stationery shop nearby you.Sponsored Links Sponsored Links
Who is Eligible for Form 16?
- A Salaried employee is eligible for filing Income Tax returns with Form 16.
- Basically, Form 16 is issued by the employer for the Tax Deduction at Source.
- Form 16 is the fundamental proof for an employer for the Tax deduction of the employee while paying.
- Form 16 is proof that the employer had paid tax on behalf of the employee.
- Form 16 is a perfect proof for the employee whether he/she filed the tax returns of that particular financial year.
How to Fill a Form 16?
Form 16 consists of 2 parts they are Part A and Part B. The Part A of Form 16 consists of different fields where you have to fill your personal details like your name, your complete address, your PAN card number, your employer name and address, your employer PAN card number and TAN and finally verification of your details and your employer details by singing the form with date.
The Part B of Form 16 again consists of different fields where you have to provide the details like your Gross salary, Net Salary, Total Deduction of your salary etc and finally verification of your mentioned details by your employer by singing on it with seal.Sponsored Links
How to download Form 16 Online?
Here in this article, we are providing Form 16 downloadable link by clicking on the link you can download the Form 16 Application form or else you can visit the Income Tax official website to download the Form 16.
Download Form 16 Online Process:
- Visit the Income Tax Department official portal.
- Select Forms from the main menu.
- Income Tax Filing Forms window will be displayed.
- Select Form 16 from the Forms option.
- Now click the Download button to download the Form 16.
How to Fill Form 16 Online & Offline to file the IT Returns?
- Form 16 A consists of two parts Part A & Part B.
- Enter the certificate number and last updated date.
- Enter the name and address of the employer in the employer column and employee name and address in the employee column.
- Enter the Pan Number and TAN number of the employer.
- Enter the Pan number of the employee and the reference number of the employee given by the employer.
- Now enter the Address, the assessment year, working period of the employee with the employer.
- Enter the summary of amount paid or tax deducted at source in respect of the employee.
- Now enter the details of the tax deducted and deposited in the Central Government account.
- The last part of the Part A form is verification, the person who is responsible for deduction tax must verify the application by signing it and mentioning the date and place.
- Part B of the Form 16 application is Annexure and it contains 16 fields.
- Complete the form with your salary and tax deduction details in the relevant columns.
- The last part of the Part B form is verification, the person who is responsible for deduction tax must verify the application by signing it and mentioning the date and place.