What is Hantavirus?
Hantavirus is one type of virus, Hantavirus causes infection in rats or rodents but they won’t effect or create any disease in rats or rodents. But humans get infected when they come in contact with the Hantavirus infected rats or rodents urine, saliva, and feces.Sponsored Links
How Hantavirus Infects Humans?
Basically, Hantavirus directly won’t affect or infect the humans, when the humans come in direct contact with the Hantavirus infected rats or rodents urine, saliva, and feces get infected with the Hantavirus.
How does Hantavirus spreads?
Hantavirus spreads when the humans come in direct contact with the Hantavirus infected rats or rodents urine, saliva, and feces get infected with the Hantavirus.
Hantavirus causes the HFRS and HFRS means hantavirus hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, HPS, HPS means hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, it is also called as HCPS, HCPS means hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome (HCPS).
What is HPS or HCPS or HFRS?
- The full form of HPS is – Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- The full form of HCPS is – Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome
- The full form of HFRS is – Hemorrhagic fever with Renal Syndrome
HPS or HCPS is a “rare respiratory illness associated with the inhalation of aerosolized rodent’s urine and feces when the rodent is contaminated by hantavirus particles.Sponsored Links
Symptoms of Hantavirus:
- Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome
HRFS or Hemorrhagic fever with Renal Syndrome is the illness caused by the hantavirus.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome
HPS or Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome is the fatal pulmonary disease caused by the hantavirus. Usually it is caused by the deer mice which carries the Sin Nombre Virus.
History of Hantavirus:
- Virus Family: Hantaviridae
- Virus Scientific name: Hantavirus
- Class of Virus: Ellioviricetes
- Order: Bunyavirales
- Rank: Genus
- Higher classification: Bunyaviridae
- Lower classifications: Sin Nombre orthohantavirus, Puumala virus, Black Creek Canal orthohantavirus, Thailand virus.
How to Prevent from Hantavirus?
According to the CDC – Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, one of the best prevention against hantavirus is to eradicate the direct contact with rodents since the virus can be transmitted by rodent saliva, excretions, and bites.
What are the Rodents in the US that Carry Hantavirus?
There are four type of rodents or rats that can carry the Hantavirus they are
- Cotton Rat – Sigmodon hispidus
- Deer Mouse – Peromyscus Maniculatus,
- Rice rat – Oryzomys Palustris
- White Footed Mouse – Peromyscus leucopus