Five years ago, when Aadhaar card was introduced, many people were skeptical about it. Many opted not to reveal their mobile phone numbers initially. However, adding your mobile number to Aadhaar card helps you make crucial changes related to change of address or other details mentioned in the card. The mobile number mentioned by you will receive an OTP that will help you make changes in any of the fields of the Aadhaar card.
How to Apply Aadhar Online, Aadhar Status Check, Aadhar Update, Address Change on Aadhar Explained on YouTube
Steps to Add Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
UIDAI website does not allow you to add a new mobile number online. You need to visit the nearest enrolment center or send a request through post. Let us see how to add a mobile number to Aadhaar card by post.Sponsored Links
- You need to download the Aadhar card correction form. You can download it by clicking the link: https://uidai.gov.in/images/application_form_11102012.pdf
- In the first option, you need to tick on the “Mobile”
- Then, enter your Aadhaar number, name, address, etc. as mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- In the mobile number section, enter the mobile number you wish to add.
- You can even provide your email address.
- Now, attach a photocopy of any document that serves as the proof of identity. Make sure you write your Aadhaar number in the attached document as well. Fill the names of the documents attached in the form.
- Check the document thoroughly for any errors.
- Place the form along with the documents in an envelope and send it by post to either of the addresses mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
Address 2: UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Within a few days, the mobile number will be update and you will receive a conformation on your mobile number.Sponsored Links