Pan card or Permanent Account Number was introduced by the Income Tax Department of India to help one get all the information related to the assesses investment, loans taken, payment of taxes, tax arrears, etc.
PAN is a unique number assigned permanently to any individual who applies for it. PAN number remains the same, even if an individual changes residences from one state to another. This permanent number helps the IT department keep a track on all financial transactions of high net worth of every individual. Thus, making sure none of the individuals evades tax.Sponsored Links
How to Apply Pan Card Online Just for Rs 127/- Explained on YouTube:Sponsored Links
Apply for a New PAN Card
Any minor, major, senior citizen or individual can apply for a PAN card if they do not have one. It is very easy to apply for a PAN Card. You can walk into any PAN/TIN office fill an application form, submit the required documents and provide a clear passport size photo. Duly sign the documents and submit it.
One can even fill the PAN Card form online. Let us see the details how to apply for PAN card online in the following paragraphs.
Online Application for New PAN Card
- You need to visit any official website and download the Form 49A for new PAN card. In case of new PAN card for foreign citizens, download Form 49AA.
- You can download new forms from the following websites:
- Once you visit any of the above websites, you need to fill the online application form.
- Use only one single character initial for middle name in the PAN application. Make sure you name matches the name on the proof of identity and proof of address.
- Those individuals or HUF applicants who need Address for Communication as their office address, need to provide proof of address for office as well as residence.
- Once all data is filled, the form along with the information provided is displayed. Check carefully and if any errors are spotted, immediately edit the form. After the form is filled correctly, confirm the form.
- After the application is confirmed, a 15-digit acknowledgement number is provided to the applicant.
- Carry out online payment with the help of credit card/ debit card/ Internet banking.
- Save and print this acknowledgment receipt.
- Download the pre-filled PDF form, save and print later. Alternatively, you can print directly, if you have a printer.
- You need to paste two recent stamp sized color photographs (3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) on the form.
- Sign on the spaces provided:
- Sign across the top left photo, but make sure you do not sign over the face
- Sign below the top right photo within the box
- Sign at the bottom of the form within the box
- Sign on all pages of proof of Identity, Address, and Date of Birth
- Place the following documents in an envelope:
- The duly filled and signed application form
- Self-attested proof of Address
- Self-attested proof of Identity
- Self-attested proof of Date of Birth
- Seal and apply appropriate stamps or courier the envelope to the PAN/TDS or NSDL address of your city.
As you can see, applying for a new PAN card is simple and very easy. If a minor requires a new PAN card, they can do so through a Representative Assesse under Section 160 of IT Act, 1961. For more information, you can check any of the official PAN card websites and get clear details.