Telangana is the newest state formed in India last year. Residents of state of Telangana can register for a new voter’s ID online. Let us see the steps that will help you register for a new voter’s ID in the state of Telangana.
Registration of Voter’s ID for Telangana State Residents
Any resident of Telangana who is 18+ years of age and has all the necessary identity as well as address proofs can apply for a new voter ID card in Telangana. The steps for registration are as follows:
- You need to visit the website http://www.ceotelangana.nic.in
- Look for the top navigation bar and find the tab that says ‘E-Registration -> Assembly Constituency -> Form 6. The form 6 is necessary for new enrollment.
- After clicking form 6, you will be directed to a new page http://ceoaperms.ap.gov.in/ts_eregistration/eregistrationnew/userdetails_new.aspx.
- Fill in the details as directed and upload your photograph and click submit.
- There is no provision for uploading scanned documents of your address and photo ID proof. You need to send these over with the form and the documents in hard copy to the state election commission office. You can call on 1950, the toll free number of ECI and get more details. If you wish, you can even send an email to the Telangana Chief Electoral Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After the application and the documents are verified, the city or district booth level officer will visit your home for verification.
This is the process for online registration of voter’s ID card for Telanagana state residents.