How Toilet paper is made?
Basically, toilet paper is made from woods, initially the trees are debarked and made into small pieces. Such small pieces are mixed with the chemicals to form a slurry. The slurry is cooked in the digester to form the pulp (virgin cellulose fibers). The pulp is washed to remove the chemicals and then mixed with a lot of water to form the paper stock. Paper stock is a mixture which contains 99.5% water and 0.5% fiber. This paper stock is sprayed on to the mesh screens to dry the paper.Sponsored Links
What is a Toilet Paper?
Toilet paper is basically used for personal hygiene. It is available in perforated rolls. Toilet paper is made from wood, both softwood and hard wood are used to prepare the toilet paper. The commercial toilet paper is made by using both softwood and hard woods, softwood contains long fibers whereas the hard wood contains short fibers helps to get soft paper. Apart from soft wood & hard wood water, chemicals, and bleaches are used in manufacturing the toilet paper.
History of Toilet paper:
It has been recorded that China is using paper for hygiene since 6th century AD. Modern toilet paper started in the 19th century.
Toilet paper Disadvantages:
- On an average one tree produces 45 kg toilet paper that will give 200 rolls. These days about 83 million rolls are produced worldwide. Toilet paper consumes 27000 trees a day globally.
- In the recent years, many companies have started manufacturing toilet paper from recycled paper.
- Toilet paper doesn’t ensure 100% effectiveness.
- High probability of leaving the germs behind.
- One may contaminate the hands by using the toilet paper.
- One should pay money for buying toilet paper.
- Excess use of toilet paper may cause skin irritation.
Reasons why people are Stocking up Toilet paper:
Because of the novel coronavirus most of the people in the world are stocking the toilet paper and indirectly making the toilet paper shortage which is ultimately hiking the toilet paper prices. Through this article we are providing some affordable purchase options and where to get the toilet paper online.
Eventually the toilet paper won’t save us from the coronavirus, due to the anxiety of us and for keeping the enough stock during this uncertainty time. In times of uncertainty most people get panic and makes irrational things.
Toilet Paper Prices Online:
Prices of toilet paper during the publishing time
- Charmin toilet paper 24 mega rolls Walmart – $23.82
- Cottonelle toilet paper 12 rolls Rite Aid – $8.49
- Everspring 100% recycled toilet paper – $5.99
- Seventh generation 100% recycled bathroom tissue rolls – $ 17.38 (12 rolls)